The Sommelier / Manager will have a true passion and understanding of Italian Wines and has the natural ability to faciliate wine education throughout service to our guests and to the service team.
In addition to maintaining inventory and wine lists, this position will have a component of supervising service and FOH team members.
Education & Experience
- 4+ years comparable hospitality experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business/Hospitality Management/Food and Beverage Management and/or equivalent an asset
- Sommelier accreditation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Exceptional guest service orientation
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency in a fast paced environment
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly and experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must possess strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff at all levels
- Ability to motivate and manage staff and work effectively in a management team
- High personal integrity, professionalism and maturity
- Excellent math, reading, writing and communication skills
Essential Physical Requirements
- Must be able to walk and stand for entire shift, up to 12 hours
- Must be able to work a 50+ hour work week
If this sounds like a fit for your skills and experience - we'd love to hear from you!