Our Hosts create a positive guest experience that begins with a proper greeting. They maintain an efficient and organized restaurant through managing guest flow, maximizing seating capacity and communicating with all employees. Hosts are the first point of contact and leave a lasting impression with all guests by way of their professionalism and attention to detail.
- Possess a working knowledge of the restaurant trade area (location, surroundings, nearby attractions, directions, etc.)
- Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked
- Effectively manage guest flow to maximize seating capacity
- Communicate with Servers, Bartenders and Managers to maintain proper guest flow throughout the restaurant
- Communicate expected restaurant volume with the BOH to ensure all necessary preparations can be made
- Accurately take reservations and modify guest status in Open Table
- Take bookings for parties/ groups, maintaining accurate and detailed information to assist the operations to smoothly execute the event
- Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section
- Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly
- Print daily menus
- Follow all food safety standards and systems
- Other duties as assigned or required
The ideal candidate has at least 2+ years experience as a host/ hostess in a premiere dining environment, has demonstrated customer service experience and is known for their attention to detail and pleasant demeanor.
If this role looks like a good fit for your skills and abilities, we would love to hear from you!